Kindly note the following stipulations recently announced by the South African Government.
(a) International air travel is restricted to the following airports-
(i) OR Tambo International Airport:
(ii) King Shaka International Airport;
(iii) Cape Town International Airport:
(iv) Lanseria International Airport; and
(y) Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
(b) All international travellers arriving at the Ports of Entry listed in paragraph (a) who are-
(i) fully vaccinated must upon arrival at the Port of Entry, produce a valid vaccination certificate; and
(ii) unvaccinated must upon arrival at the Port of Entry, provide a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test, recognised by the World Health Organisation, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
(c) In the event of the traveller’s failure to submit a certificate as proof of a negative COVID-19 test, the traveller will be required to do an antigen test on arrival at his or her own cost and in the event of a traveller testing positive for COVID-19, he or she will be required to isolate him or herself at his or her own cost, for a period of 10 days.
(d) Outbound travellers from South Africa must comply with the requirements of the country of destination.
Also see https://www.gov.za/covid-19/about/coronavirus-covid-19-alert-level-1 for more information.
COVID-19 PCR TESTING OPTIONS FOR GUESTS THAT DO REQUIRE PCR TESTS
For guests departing from OR Tambo International Airport
NEXT PATHOLOGY offers a swift 2 hour turnaround time on PCR testing at OR Tambo International Airport. They are licensed with the Department of Health specifically for the diagnostic testing of SARS COV-2.
- Express PCR Test: ZAR 2,000.00 per person
- Open 7 days a week (6am – 10pm)
- Travel certificates issued
- Bookings and walk-in available (groups of 10 or more must pre-book)
- Dedicated call centre for any follow-up queries
Ground floor Intercontinental Hotel, Kafue Room, OR Tambo International Airport
*The hotel is situated outside the international arrivals hall
Tel: 011 697 2931
(Information supplied by NEXT PATHOLODY, and is subject to change)
For guests departing from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
For the convenience of our guests, we have made arrangements for on-site PCR testing (mouth-rinse test) directly at the lodge, handled by a professional paramedic (registered with Healthcare Professional Council of South Africa – HPCSA) from Hoedspruit. This bypasses the need to travel via road (a one way drive of approximately 2 hours) for testing at Ampath Laboratories, which takes away from the invaluable time spent on safari.
So as not to miss out on the morning game drive, tests are usually conducted at 09h00 after guests return from their safari. Samples are then personally delivered to Ampath Laboratories in Nelspruit, with the results available within 24 – 36 hours, and certificates are emailed to the guest/s directly.
Payment may be made to the service provider directly in cash, or added to the extras bill which is payable on departure. Please enquire with our reservations team regarding applicable rates, which fluctuate based on the number of people requiring the test.
Important cautionary notes:
• Ampath Laboratories in Hoedspruit only conduct mouth-rinse tests. These are not as accurate as the nasal swab, and there is an increased risk of a false positive result. There have been instances of guests testing negative the following day. For mouth-rinse tests, it is important that guests do not drink, eat, brush teeth etc. for about an hour before the test, to avoid the risk of a false positive.
• Should a guest test positive, they will be unable to transfer via road or air, as mandated by transfer companies and airlines. This may result in an outbound international flight being missed/ cancelled, with additional costs being incurred to book a new flight out.
• Guests who test positive will have to quarantine in isolation, per COVID-19 Hygiene, Health and Safety protocols. This means that our staff are unable to service accommodation, and any meals will need to be left outside the door of the quarantined space. Guests are also not able to use public facilities within the lodge.
• We will afford guests the opportunity to remain in their rooms (if available) at an additional rate for accommodation and meals, or we may need to move them to pilots’/ b-grade accommodation (if available) at the relevant applicable rate.
• Should guests wish to book this testing service at Arathusa Safari Lodge directly, please contact our reservations team prior to arrival (firstname.lastname@example.org), and they will gladly assist with all arrangements.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or concerns.
Tel: +27 11 678 0626
Mobile: +27 65 897 4794 / +27 65 951 2419